Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix (does not contain spoilers, but refers to one scene in particular- do not read if you have not seen the movie)

Hello Readers,

By now, I am certain that many of you have seen the movie, thus I will not feel bad for viewing my opinions on here.

In particular though, I would like to focus in on the seen with our "brave" hero Harry, and the not so magical but still quite talked about romantic scene with Miss Cho.

So what did everyone else think of this? I personally was of the opinion that while I understand what they were trying to do by introducing this scene, I must also state that there was nothing there. No chemistry to speak of. A children's movie you say? Yes indeed it is, so why in that case...would they have not made the scene a little shorter with a little tiny bit more....oh I don't know...zest maybe?

The length of that scene caused many to say "oooh, ahhh" or various fishy and kissing noises could be heard echoing through-out the theatres. Not necessarily in an amusing way I might add.

Did anyone else feel that perhaps this scene could have been done a little bit better? Or perhaps not better, but maybe differently? I mean if you feel this way, as do I, then maybe you can understand when I say that I enjoyed the movie...No I did not enjoy it more than the other movies, and I am in fact looking forward more to the last two movies than I was looking forward to this one, and regrettably I was not as content with the ending of this movie.

What?? You say? I know some will not be happy with me for stating that as I have a family that loved the movie, minus a father and my boyfriend of course. But like I said, while I enjoyed it, I found mr potter a little bit lacking, even when you consider what was supposed to come across versus what the book was like.

Let us hope that the future scenes of this sort will have more of an impact and less of a length. The actors minus the romance scene did a nice job, well done, although snape, come on... You were one of my favorite's... step it up for the next two...you kind of have too. ;)

Thanks and intelligent comments are always more than welcome!!

No comments:

« # Scorpio ? »