Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jeeze the papers have me on fire this week...

Okay hello readers.

Once again the papers have got me going. I mean two mornings in a row really!!

All I have this morning and I promise to make this shorter is a couple of things. FIRST off...here is a quote from the Hansard proceedings July 27, 1988 by Lawrence O'Neil. " Unborn children across this country are being suctioned from the womb by women who want to put an end to their pregnancy. Those children are being dismembered." ALSO he said " IT appears that there is a widespread acceptance of the notion that a mother should have the right to control her body. There is no such right."

Okay..pause for dramatic effect..... Wait a second, who do you think you are exactly and who appointed you to tell WOMEN and I MEAN WOMEN..not just the mothers which you listed, as most women at least consider becoming mothers at some point that we do not have the right to control our own bodies?? WHAT??? I hope someone near you swats you with a magazine when they read that quote today. (Joke. *wink*)

While I may or may not agree with abortion. I AM A FIRM believer in freedom of choice..which I believe is what Canada represents. You cannot just outright say that abortion is bad. It's not good...but that does not mean that it is bad. In some cases it is a necessary evil. Violent crimes (RAPES), medical reasons (The mother would die if the pregnancy did not end). Of course there are other situations which are more open to interpretation and it is dependent upon each situation. Unexpected pregnancies where neither the father or mother have come to the decision unanimously...the point being...Mr. O'Neil...that we as women have a choice...we include our spouses in the decision as the situation warrants, as both parents made the child...but make no mistake...WE DO have a choice.

And I'm sorry...but do you think that it would be better if there were no birth control and no abortion (OF COURSE I THINK birth control methods should already be being observed by women not wanting to conceive. AND by men prior to even considering abortion. Clearly abortion is the option we all want to avoid if possible) and then there were thousands/hundreds of thousands of unwanted births happening in every province all across Canada.

Are there not enough children in care as we speak? All I am saying is that You are WRONG Mr. O'Neil. A woman has EVERY right to control her body...the same as I would not expect someone to try to stop you from doing whatever you feel you need to, to your body. That is your right.

I was actually astounded when I read that quote. Of course, I know there are anti-abortion crusaders out there...but the end part of that quote where you said "..a mother should have the right to control her body. There is no such right." I just about lost it there. Good Job. I haven't read anything that got me going as quickly as when I was reading about Mr. Casey and Mr. Harper's "So Called Decision" yesterday in the news. BRAVO.

No comments:

« # Scorpio ? »