Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unsatisfying dream/memory recall

Okay. Well I know it takes practice, and the most frustrating thing to me is that upon waking, yes I initially take down notes or thoughts, or anything that may be what I wanted to remember upon waking, whether that be coming from a lucid dream, or during astral projection...but the notes when I go back and reflect on them...Bits and pieces from different scenarios. It is difficult to sort out the lucid dreaming, from the astral.

Also, it is quite disappointing to go back and read these notes later on, as when I initially awoke, everything was so clear, I jotted down as much as I could, and then when I went back, certain of the emotions I had felt at the time, only to discover that there is not even a flicker of emotion in trying to visualize or remember the scene as I had seen it maybe only an hour previous.

I will, like a good beginner on the astral journey, attempt to keep this up... My dream journal is slowly starting to fill up, Let us hope, that eventually I will be met with success. I know that day is coming...so I will just keep striving in the right direction. Yay for me.

Also, if anyone has any additional tidbits or words of wisdom, I am more than willing. :)

Thanks.

-Jamie-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
The key to remembering dreams far after waking is to remember the emotions, as you're mentioned a bit in your post.
One thing that works wonders is to ANCHOR the emotions while in the moment.
Basically, when you wake up, the emotions that spill from the dreams into waking life will be at their peak. Do something like simply touching one of your index fingers to it's thumb while you feel in that rush of the emotion.

This works because the brain stores information holographically, so, later on, after several times of doing this, touching the thumb back to the finger will either cause your brain to load those emotions back up much like a computer program, or it will simply put you into a state where you're more likely to remember or re-experience those emotions on your own.

After just 3 weeks or so of doing this once a morning, it should be installed like a habit.

Eventually, you'll be to the poiont where you won't even need the physical anchors any longer to get the desired results.

It's sorta like the character "Peter" in "Heroes". He just has to remember how he felt meeting each person to use their powers.

curiouschick said...

Thank you Bill. I am most definitely going to be trying this. I will have to post about this as my progress improves. Thank you once again. :)

« # Scorpio ? »