Friday, August 03, 2007

A Bad Week...Bodes Ill For Us All.

First the bridge in Minneapolis was a horrific accident. So many people injured, people dead, property damage, but like all horrible accidents, is something that the after-effect are felt for months, even years to come. No one in Minneapolis will be the same, let alone those who had been on the bridge as it went. *My prayers and thoughts are with you all.*

I am an emotional creature whether you all believe it or not. This has been a very difficult week. Bad things happen in threes for me, or at least I recognize them in this way.

This week I have watched about the accident in Minneapolis, a dear friend of mine had her father pass away, and now this most recent thing that makes me just so sick that It truly bothers me to speak of it. However speak I shall.

The head on collision that happened in Dartmouth of Last night. Can you imagine something more horrible? Of course nothing has been proved or stated for certain as this happened just last night and the police have just recently started their investigation, however I will reference what I saw in the Chronicle Herald just this morning.

"2 Dead in Head on Collision" - That title in itself makes me sad. Such an unnecessary thing, especially when one considers that this is summer, the roads are in relatively good shape, their was no bad weather last night...but 2 people died.

The story being told about last night's crash is that there were 2 cars racing down MAIN ST, in Dartmouth ...I MEAN MAIN ST...that should have told them something right there you would think no?? And being in Dartmouth, it is only a hop-skip and a jump to a highway anyways. So if you were planning on doing something as reckless, stupid and potentially harmful as Racing your cars, why would you do it on the MAIN ST in Dartmouth where there are busy intersections and someone else has already died (crosswalk).

I am beyond being upset about this incident. One of the driver's got away from the scene and "supposedly" called a friend to tell him about the accident. *HE JUST DROVE AWAY* If you had done something such as racing on a busy street, and all of a sudden the other car you are racing with, crashes HEAD ON into another innocent driver's car. Wouldn't you at least stop?

Both cars were completely written off which gives an idea to the force of the impact. The poor innocent woman in the other car probably saw nothing but headlights before it was all over. Think of her family. Her friends, herself!

I am hoping that the other driver turns himself/herself in before someone else finds out who the driver is.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all those affected by the devastation that seems to be this week. I am especially praying for the young woman who died last night, her friends, her boyfriend, and her parents. It was a horrible accident, something that shouldn't happen but does.

Accidents like that are why we should never leave someone we love angrily, as you never know when you may have the chance to apologize or to see them again. I am not religious, but spiritual, so when I say God Bless. Take it in whatever way comforts you most. Again, my prayers are with her and her family and friends.

No comments:

« # Scorpio ? »