Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Learning to Relax....

Something that was once so simple has become unbelievably difficult.

If you were to think about it...How many times a day would you say that you actually let down your guard? I'm talking about a 100% shut-down of all defense, worry, prioritizing and plain old fashioned curiosity in regarding your surroundings?

I believe that I am a fairly inquisitive person. Not that I'm nosy, which I might be...but that I like to know a lot of things...and I like to know what's going on around me, yes pretty much at all times I like to know.

A complete let-down of my guard is something that I don't let happen very often. I don't just mean the times when you get unbelievably drunk and act like a fool...I mean even sitting in a meeting room somewhere and just completely relaxing and letting down your guard. That all of a sudden would become the one time in which your bosses boss decides he/she wants you to explain your actions even though they have never spoken to you before.

Paranoid? No I don't like to think that I am, rather I am of the belief that it's better to be prepared than to be late and last one to the party.

Ways I relax:

  1. Stretching (including mental exercises) really relaxes me. Now this can be mental relaxation, or physical stretches, but the act of stretching and releasing every muscle soothes me.
  2. Reading - This REALLY relaxes me. I try to pay attention to when people speak to me, however if I am reading, odds are you may have to say it a second time, so perhaps just ignore it in the first place?
  3. Aromatherapy/Bubble Baths - Okay you can say typical girl, but I enjoy a nice bubble bath. If I happen to be lucky enough to find the use of a jacuzzi or a whirlpool type bath, well then BONUS for me!! :P BUT a nice bubble bath, involving candles, a good book, some nice bubble bath that smells pretty, and maybe even a nice massage after the bath. Awwwww. The things I would do for a bubble bath like that. I have only ever had 2 baths that made it onto my memorable bath's list, but they are good enough to still be on there.
Have you thought about what relaxes you? When I was younger it used to be sitting at the maple camp and watching my father or grandfather throw wood into the fire. Yay, but now...now I am working with the 3 methods above, as well as trying to add more activities to my life that I find relaxing. I won't mention any of these activities right at the moment just because I am not certain as to whether or not I will try them. We shall see.

Any ideas on ways to relax, please feel free to mention them!

No comments:

« # Scorpio ? »