Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Recount of the Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale Scam...Uh Oh.

Hello Everybody. Welcome to another fun-filled day of scary thoughts. Okay for those of you that have already read this note on facebook....do not bother reading this now as it is duplicated here. But I BEG YOU...all of YOU...please... PLEASE...pass on the word about this scam. I don't know why anyone would give their Credit card # and expiry over the phone ANYWAYS...because my bank won't even ask for it over the phone, which is only PROPER...but where this scam originated in the states....I mean come ON people...the patriot act??

So Please read this fully, as this is just a new take on the same scheme that has been going on for over 10 years, and knowledge is power. Please pass on the word especially to older family members so that they are not scammed out of their savings, or medication money. PLEASE!! Read it....learn from it, and then follow the advice listed below. Good luck avoiding these particular individuals.




""Surprise Mr Scharf, you have been entered into a contest and are in the final running, and guess what...in 24 hours we will call you back if you have won!!"

Does this sound familiar? READ ON.

As soon as I got the phone call, i went to the website that they had indicated:

http://www.vacationmoments.com to see if there was any mention of a contest that I may have entered or someone may have entered me into. Again...nothing but an Ugly, underdeveloped and poorly laid out design that was not even specifically Ramada, but rather is a vacation company. But I didn't think much of it until...

NEXT DAY...

Jamie had got wind of a possible scam and notified me to be careful about giving out my credit card # over the phone, which of course I already knew.

Later that night...Wow...can you believe it? I WON.

I received a call from a Ramada rep named "Jenn St John" obviously fake saying that I had won an all inclusive stay at Ramada Resorts in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. On top of that, A cruise from Florida to the Bahamas and a free car rental from the Alamo Car Rental company. Imagine that...I won a contest that I didn't even enter.... Too good to be true?

After a long spiel from Ms. St John where she attempted to endear herself to me quite pathetically, I was asked for my credit card expiry date to secure my vacation package....ahhh there's always a catch.

With that I'd had enough and basically ended the phone conversation and gave up my "dream vacation".

Ramada Plaza Resort is the name of this company. AKA Scam artists. Please go Online and read some of the consumer reports and the credit scam reports. They are being sued too much in the states and have now moved on to Canada.

Do this for your own benefit so that you do not get caught up in a scam, as they prey upon the naive.

(Please spread the word, as this could be your grand parents being scammed out of money that would pay for their medications, which we know they can't afford as it is.)

Peace. GRAM


true dat bro.
Here are some of the pricks that like to f*ck people out of their money. Burn in h*ll!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I like your blog. I see you are talking about Ramada Plaza Resorts . there is nothing bad I could say about the company. The thing is that the only time I used the services of the company, I was completely satisfied. Even if you go to this great site www.pissedconsumer.com you will not find lots of complaints in the address of the company.

curiouschick said...

Hi,

I am glad that you have not had any bad experiences with this company. Unfortunately, many people have been scammed by this "company" or it's affiliates and my problem is that they do this to older individuals who are unwilling to fight with them over the phone, commit their hard earned savings and then get the shocks of their poor lives.

I have had the "pleasure of talking to some of these people on the phone" and after I said No thank you, and NO I am NOT giving you my banking information what kind of an idiot do you think I am...they pass you on to someone who is more aggresive and pushy, a lot of older people get caught once they pass them on to these individuals...It is a sad fact. But if you search for reviews affiliated with the "Ramada Plaza" then you get the phone numbers and complaints...it is very much separate from RAMADA themselves, but never the less there are some slimy people out there working for this company...but I would rather work honestly for a customer service job such as Micky D's before I would work somewhere that all you do is scam people. For Shame.

I appreciate the intelligent feedback though...thank you for the input.
:)

« # Scorpio ? »