Monday, August 27, 2007

Can the news be any suckier??

Hello all. Here is my brief rant on the news. Everyday I try to keep up at least a little on what is going on around the world, or even just in my city.

Here is an excerpt from my local newspaper, as well as the sketch that they released.

"Just after midnight, a boy and a girl, aged 13 and 14, were walking on a path behind Sir Robert Borden Junior High School when they encountered a man who asked to use one of their cellphones.

The man walked down the path with them and then picked up a rock, which he used to threaten the two teens into taking off their clothes.

The man then grabbed the girl by the throat and sexually assaulted both teenagers.

The suspect is described as a white male, about five-foot-eight to five-foot-10, with short dark hair and in his late teens or early 20s.

He was wearing a New York Yankees cap with American dollar bills on it. "

Okay first of all, I hope the sketch hopes narrow it down, but technically the hat could be anybody. My second question, and I hope not to upset anyone...but why were a 13 yr old, and a 14 yr old, walking around after midnight in an area that most intelligent adults, would not walk alone, or would not want to walk through during the day in a small group. Such places are not meant for people, especially little kids that should be home in bed by 12. Yes I know people grow up quicker now, but I am a little curious as why they were out that late...Hmmmm...Bad decision that is certain.

Finally...HOW DID HE THREATEN with a rock and nobody ran like a crazy person out of the woods?? HE WOULD HAVE TO CATCH ME First!! And then, I would be using my keys to scratch out his eyes. :P Gotta protect # 1 eh? And #1 does not feel like being told by a man holding a rock, I can tell ya that for sure.

A woman I work with said it best: "How you gonna go tell me that he threatened them with a rock and they didn't run?"

I hope that whatever happened, that the guilty party is apprehended or at least questioned as to what happened. It just bothers me that they were so young, and this is just the kind of news that is covering the paper all the time. Very sad, not to mention the fact that it happened at all.

Also we could mention the "terrorist attacks the world over", the wars, liars in high-powered positions... not to mention all the other violent acts happening. A sad state of affairs, and unfortunately it is only going to get worse.

Can someone please tell me where things changed? There needs to be more discipline going on in some of these families that is for sure. Controversial? No...not really. Common sense people...a little 10 yr old tells you they want to stay up til 12 to watch a TV show with you, but they have school the next day...Hmmm...the answer for those of you too confused to know it....Is NO.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in letting kids make their own mistakes, I mean otherwise they learn, but I think they would benefit with more family time, less of getting everything they want and Please...PLEASE...I have a hard time listening to people whine as if the world owes them something. NEWS FLASH CHILD...No one Cares! Stop Whining. All it will bring you is bad Karma. ;)

Peace out my sisters and brothers. :D I need to go read up on some karma. ;)

No comments:

« # Scorpio ? »